Jessica Stoner: Experienced Canmore REALTOR®.
Hello. I’ve been a Bow Valley resident for 26 years and a Canmore real estate agent 18 of those. As the former broker/owner of RE/MAX Alpine Realty for 10 years, and a current REALTOR®, I’ve had a front row seat witnessing the remarkable transformation of Canmore into a world-class resort town and adventure tourism centre. It’s been an absolute pleasure to watch the town develop over the years while participating “front and centre” in the community as a real estate agent, broker, and business owner.
- Though I work in all areas of Canmore, I specialize in the Three Sisters district, southeast of downtown. Being a resident of the area and having worked in the neighbourhood from it’s onset, I am very familiar with the homes, developers and the market there.
- I also focus on future and current retirees, and their purchasing or selling of local homes. Many of my clients today are in this stage of their lives. I enjoy helping retirees with the move from, or more often, to Canmore.
- As a proud member of the Calgary Real Estate Board, I post client properties on the MLS® property listing system. View my listing page.
- I take pride in keeping my web marketing skills and online marketing vehicles up-to-date. My several websites, online tools and social media channels will benefit you, whether you are a property buyer or seller.
If you are looking for a home, condo or vacation property or future retirement residence in Canmore , I bring a wealth of real estate experience and know-how to the table. In 2016, I added a real estate partner, Nathan Weima, to ensure my clients have twice as much service!
CLICK HERE if you would like to receive updated market information on a regular basis.
CLICK HERE if you would like an evaluation completed on your home.
June 2018-Canmore Real Estate Market Report
the low side, though there is a healthy amount of sales taking place. Desirable and
appropriately priced properties tend to sell in the first week on the market, sometimes with
multiple offers, which is not uncommon.
market pricing when considering a purchase. Over priced properties can still remain on the
market for some time, even in this active market with strong buyers demand.
1. We have a lot of future retirees buying now. They do not want to wait the 5-7 or so years
to retirement, as they know prices in Canmore are going up and there is a very limited
amount of development in the area.
2. We have increasing tourism, so the tourism and hospitality businesses are growing and
there is an escalating requirement for housing for their staff and employees. (Both to buy
3. Increased demand in rentals is encouraging investor buyers.
4. Two new taxes in BC that target both out-of-country buyers, and out-of-province buyers,
as well as new laws that remove some landlord protections, have encouraged investors and
recreational buyers to purchase in Alberta instead of BC. As Canmore is a desirable location
for both recreation and investors, we are seeing an increase in buyers that would otherwise
have purchased in BC.
5. The possibility of hosting the Olympics is attracting a small contingent of speculators, that
think Canmore’s values will increase, if we get the Olympics, or even if we just bid, due
increased international exposure of our stunning scenery.
helps satisfy some of the increase in buyers demand, though is not enough to create a
balanced market inventory.
The woes in the oil and gas industry that has affected other real estate markets in Alberta for
the past few years, has not affected the Canmore market. The activity here remains buoyant
Prices and Stats
Hotel Condos Explained!
Every day I receive inquiries from buyers looking for a home in Canmore and unknowingly request information on properties that they are not allowed to live in. It is frustrating and confusing for purchasers and here, I will shed some light on what a hotel condo is, what the different zonings are in Canmore, and what type of property you might want to be looking for.
Everything you need to know in less than 3 minutes!
Find Your Place in Canmore!
Canmore, Alberta has long been sought after for both its abundant recreational opportunities, and its relaxed, small town living. As a long-time resident and REALTOR®, Jessica Stoner helps out-of-town clients to buy and sell their vacation properties. She also helps her Canmore neighbours move within the Bow Valley. Working with condominium, town houses and single family homes alike, Jessica shares her knowledge and expertise to ensure a smooth, stress-free transaction every time.
Jessica Stoner thoroughly enjoys her business as real estate agent, and the many friends she has met, initially as clients.
Learn more about the exciting things going on in the Bow Valley real estate market. Need to inquire about buying or selling property in the Canmore area? Contact me today or visit me at RE/MAX Alpine Realty 709 Main Street, Canmore, Alberta. Referrals of your friends and acquaintances are always welcome!
How to Reach Jessica Stoner and Nathan Weima:
RE/MAX Alpine Realty
#100, 709 Main Street, Canmore, Alberta, T1W 2B2
Call Jessica: (403) 678-8006 Call Nathan: (403) 763-9494
Toll Free: 1-888-678-0236
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Email Nathan: email@example.com