Jessica Stoner: Experienced Canmore REALTOR®.
STONER Real Estate Team
Hello. I’ve been a Bow Valley resident for 30 years and a Canmore real estate agent 22 of those. As the former broker/owner of RE/MAX Alpine Realty for 10 years, and a current REALTOR®, I’ve had a front row seat witnessing the remarkable transformation of Canmore into a world-class resort town and adventure tourism centre. It’s been an absolute pleasure to watch the town develop over the years while participating “front and centre” in the community as a real estate agent, broker, and business owner.
- Though I work in all areas of Canmore, I specialize in the Three Sisters district, southeast of downtown. Being a resident of the area and having worked in the neighbourhood from it’s onset, I am very familiar with the homes, developers and the market there.
- I also focus on future and current retirees, and their purchasing or selling of local homes. Many of my clients today are in this stage of their lives. I enjoy helping retirees with the move from, or more often, to Canmore.
- As a proud member of the Calgary Real Estate Board, I post client properties on the MLS® property listing system. View my listing page.
- I take pride in keeping my web marketing skills and online marketing vehicles up-to-date. My several websites, online tools and social media channels will benefit you, whether you are a property buyer or seller.
CLICK HERE if you would like to receive updated market information on a regular basis.
CLICK HERE if you would like an evaluation completed on your home.
December 2020 Canmore Real Estate Market Update
The Canmore market has seen some dramatic shifts in 2020.
The first Covid lockdown in February 2020 resulted in a sharp decline in sales and a 5% correct in prices. However, instead of a continued slowdown when things opened up again, we experienced the opposite, with greatly increased buyers demand and inventory to match. Now in December 2020, in the midst of a 2nd Covid lockdown, we are looking toward 2021 to anticipate the likely market factors that will affect real estate in the new year.
Listen Here Mountain FM Radio Interview December 2020
It is expected that we will see a sharp rise in prices in 2021 and 2022 in Canmore. We are unlikely to see a major correction for many years to come.
This is due to several factors.
- Covid created demand for 2nd homes in recreational areas for vacation homes. (Alberta’s don’t know when they can travel to United States and are not exactly welcome in BC. Canmore is pretty much the only recreational location in Alberta. It is close to Calgary and the closest town to the ski hills one can buy in. )
- Covid created demand for 2nd homes in recreational areas for part-time work from home. (It seems some form of work-from-home is here to stay. There has been an influx of buyers buying property in Canmore to spend more time at, as they can spend half of the time here now working from home, instead of just visiting occasional weekends.) …
Hotel Condos Explained
Every day I receive inquiries from buyers looking for a home in Canmore and unknowingly request information on properties that they are not allowed to live in. It is frustrating and confusing for purchasers and here, I will shed some light on what a hotel condo is, what the different zonings are in Canmore, and what type of property you might want to be looking for.
Everything you need to know in less than 3 minutes!
Find Your Place in Canmore!
Canmore, Alberta has long been sought after for both its abundant recreational opportunities, and its relaxed, small town living. As a long-time resident and REALTOR®, Jessica Stoner helps out-of-town clients to buy and sell their vacation properties. She also helps her Canmore neighbours move within the Bow Valley. Working with condominium, town houses and single family homes alike, Jessica shares her knowledge and expertise to ensure a smooth, stress-free transaction every time.
Jessica Stoner thoroughly enjoys her business as real estate agent, and the many friends she has met, initially as clients.
Learn more about the exciting things going on in the Bow Valley real estate market. Need to inquire about buying or selling property in the Canmore area? Contact me today or visit me at RE/MAX Alpine Realty 709 Main Street, Canmore, Alberta. Referrals of your friends and acquaintances are always welcome!
If you are looking for a home, condo or vacation property or future retirement residence in Canmore , I bring a wealth of real estate experience and know-how to the table. Myself and my real estate partners, Nathan Weima, and Kristen Kyle are available to ensure our clients always have full service!
How to Reach the STONER Real Estate Team:
RE/MAX Alpine Realty
#100, 709 Main Street, Canmore, Alberta, T1W 2B2
Call Jessica: (403) 678-8006
Toll Free: 1-888-678-0236